10 Tips to Enhance Men’s Sexual Health in Redding, CA
We are sexual creatures. We come from sex and we love with sex. So sex is very important, which makes it troubling that at least half of American men experience some sexual dysfunction.
Sex is complicated in its psychodynamics, but it is also complicated from a physical aspect. Having an erection, maintaining one, or ejaculation problems (too soon or too delayed) can seriously jeopardize your relationship. Libido, that is, sexual desire, is hormonally controlled, and any change in it can send the wrong signal to your partner, risking estrangement. Then a vicious cycle begins, the physiological increasing the psychological, back and forth. This is not normal and it is unacceptable to assume any of these just come with age. (They actually do come with age—what is unacceptable is accepting it!)
Schedule a consultation with a healthcare provider in Redding, CA that can revitalize your sexual health. Call (530) 522-8072 or CLICK HERE for more information or call us at (530) 522-8072!
To fight back, let’s look at some catchphrases to reclaim your sexual health:
- Eat to love, don’t love to eat. Choose unprocessed organic fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, grass-fed sources of protein, and beef up your omega-3 fatty acids and other healthy fats. Avoid junk food and foods processed with hormones and chemicals. Also avoid foods packaged with plastic and BPA and phytoestrogens.
- “Move or die!” This is what President John Adams wrote to his son, encouraging him to exercise. There is a connection between exercise and mental capabilities, which provides nourishment for the biggest sex organ of all—your brain. Moving increases muscle tone and circulation, a foundation for the physical exertions of sex. Go for at least 3 exercise days a week.
- What do you love more—sex…or smoking? If you won’t quit, you’re choosing cigarettes over sex. Think about that. Not only does smoking lower your sperm count, but it constricts blood vessels, which is the opposite of what you want in an erection. The same goes for recreational drug use.
- Deal with stress and emotional drama. Stress and sex are natural enemies. Each makes the other worse. Address the source of your stress and use stress-reduction techniques. If there’s depression, you need your thyroid evaluated, which butts in sometimes to interfere with sexuality.
- “Bottom’s up” is not a position in the Kama Sutra. As orated in Shakespeare’s Macbeth, alcohol “provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance.” It puts you in the mood, but then when it’s time to make good, the joke’s on you.
- Sleepy after sex? There’s a reason. The body in its wisdom has one bring on the other, because sex is best expressed with proper amounts of sleep.
- Handle with care. Your sex organs are not unlike any other tissue of your body. They can be injured, and when they heal, they can scar. Careful with bicycling, spinning, horseback riding, and motorcycles.
- Kegel exercises, yes and no. Kegel exercises are when you tense the muscles you would use to stop urinating in mid-flow. Some say they strengthen the muscles for ejaculatory control, but this is not true. However, they can make you more sensitive to the automatic contractions that accompany ejaculation, heightening the experience.
- Consider your prescriptions. Some will interfere with sexual ability. A lot! Talk to your doctor and tweak your meds. You may not be depressed anymore on your anti-depressant, but it’s not because you’re having more sex. You should be able to have your cake and eat it, too. Also, investigate the medical conditions that you are treating with these prescriptions. Professionals can share with you the latest advances in addressing sexual dysfunction.
- Be your own best expert. Read, research, ask advice. Investigate. Sexual information, thanks to the Internet, is no longer taboo. Consider the source, always, but keep looking. You’re never too old to learn.
Meet With a Male Sexual Health Specialist in Redding, CA
CLICK HERE for more information or call us at (530) 522-8072!